Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Autoimmune Hepatitis?
Mama2HH posted:
Hi all!
I have a question for those of you with experience with AIH. I am currently waiting for the doctors call after my latest bloodwork to hear my results. I have not been diagnosed with AIH yet but the doctor I believe is suspecting it. It is so hard waiting!!!
What I am looking for is opinions I guess. It all started with me having pelvic pain for about 3 months. The dr sent me in for a CT scan where to my surprise they found hepatosplenomegaly. I was referred to a gastro and had blood work done. All my liver enzymes are normal but the ANA came back <1:40 so she had me go in for further testing which is what I am waiting to hear about.( anti souble liver antigen and Igg4?) I have a family history of lupus so autoimmune disease is in the family. I have fatigue, spider veins on my legs,nausea and bruise easily. By the way, I am a 30 year old female.
What are the chances that I could have it being my liver enzymes are good and the ANA titer is low? Could it just be the beginning stages so there is no damage yet or is it not autoimmune at all? I know you all are not doctors I am just looking to hear from people who know more than I do about it.
Thank you all for your time!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.