Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Autoimmune Hepatitis?
    Mama2HH posted:
    Hi all!
    I have a question for those of you with experience with AIH. I am currently waiting for the doctors call after my latest bloodwork to hear my results. I have not been diagnosed with AIH yet but the doctor I believe is suspecting it. It is so hard waiting!!!
    What I am looking for is opinions I guess. It all started with me having pelvic pain for about 3 months. The dr sent me in for a CT scan where to my surprise they found hepatosplenomegaly. I was referred to a gastro and had blood work done. All my liver enzymes are normal but the ANA came back <1:40 so she had me go in for further testing which is what I am waiting to hear about.( anti souble liver antigen and Igg4?) I have a family history of lupus so autoimmune disease is in the family. I have fatigue, spider veins on my legs,nausea and bruise easily. By the way, I am a 30 year old female.
    What are the chances that I could have it being my liver enzymes are good and the ANA titer is low? Could it just be the beginning stages so there is no damage yet or is it not autoimmune at all? I know you all are not doctors I am just looking to hear from people who know more than I do about it.
    Thank you all for your time!

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
    There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    13 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.