Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Am I at risk HEP C?
An_252569 posted:
Hello. I am a camp counselor. I had a small circular cut on my arm near my elbow but I had a band-aid on. One of the little girls fell while we were at the pool and had a small cut that was bleeding (not too much) on her knee. I had to carry her on my back to get her to the lifeguards. I'm not sure if my band-aid was loose like if blood got in. Or if I accidentally touched her blood while I picked her up. Also I had to do it a second time since she fell again and got another small cut on the same knee. I didn't see blood except for the blood inside my band-aid from my cut. But I was splashed by water and blood could of been washed off. Should I get tested? if so when? What are my chances of getting the virus if she had it.

oldtiff47 responded:
WHY WOULD YOU THINK OF HCV FROM A CHILD ? YES ALL SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH BLOOD BUT WHY WOULD YOU THINK OF IT.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

An_252569 replied to oldtiff47's response:
I thought that one could be born with it. I wasn't saying that she does have it but I'm worried since that was the first contact I had with blood.

oldtiff47 replied to An_252569's response:
IF YOU ARE WORRIED GET TESTED PLEASE. I DO NOT KNOW THE % BORN WITH IT BUT I AM SURE VERY LOW.

GET TESTED. IN LIFE I HAVE LEARNED NOT TO WORRY TILL I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.