Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Am I at risk HEP C?
An_252569 posted:
Hello. I am a camp counselor. I had a small circular cut on my arm near my elbow but I had a band-aid on. One of the little girls fell while we were at the pool and had a small cut that was bleeding (not too much) on her knee. I had to carry her on my back to get her to the lifeguards. I'm not sure if my band-aid was loose like if blood got in. Or if I accidentally touched her blood while I picked her up. Also I had to do it a second time since she fell again and got another small cut on the same knee. I didn't see blood except for the blood inside my band-aid from my cut. But I was splashed by water and blood could of been washed off. Should I get tested? if so when? What are my chances of getting the virus if she had it.

oldtiff47 responded:
WHY WOULD YOU THINK OF HCV FROM A CHILD ? YES ALL SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH BLOOD BUT WHY WOULD YOU THINK OF IT.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

An_252569 replied to oldtiff47's response:
I thought that one could be born with it. I wasn't saying that she does have it but I'm worried since that was the first contact I had with blood.

oldtiff47 replied to An_252569's response:
IF YOU ARE WORRIED GET TESTED PLEASE. I DO NOT KNOW THE % BORN WITH IT BUT I AM SURE VERY LOW.

GET TESTED. IN LIFE I HAVE LEARNED NOT TO WORRY TILL I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Purisis, MILD Rash with severe itching TIPS
I am a Pegasys/Teleprivir patient. End of week one. I went to the hospital because I just could not take it anymore! The itching was out ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful