Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Auto immune hepatitis
Brooklynlady1954 posted:
Hello everyone!
I am glad that I found this group, because I feel like my life is over.
I am 59 yrs old and was diagnosed at age 57, after my wisdom tooth was extracted. I was told I had fatty liver, did not pay attention, always had a weight problem basically my whole life. I was taking a lot of meds, cholesterol, blood pressure ,thyroid, I was given vicadin for the pain and than I started taking a lot of Tylenol, well a month later my liver enzymes were 1039. I was told I had toxic hep, just stop all the meds you take and come back in a month. The dr was the director of a hospital, didn't have too much faith in him. My family dr was on vacation, eventually I was put on prednisone and methotrexate, by a gastro, dr wasn't working than Imuran made me very sick. From june 2011 to march 2012 I was still out of wack, I went to a Hepatologist at mt Sinai and I am taking cellcept, seems to be working, but I have to stay on it for the remainder of my life, I have a lot of liver damage stage 4.
I find that my immune system is compromised I had gotten a stomach virus and had to go the the er for iv fluids, than I recently got a bug bite and my face blew up and I got an infection. Prednisone makes you eat like an animal, so now I am diabetic and my pressure is higher let me just shoot myself. But at least I am older, I feel terrible I read a 22 yr old woman has this. I really need to lose weight but that is a futile effort since I am always so tired. do I have made changes in my diet.
can anyone recommend something to boost your immune system. thanks janet

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.