Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

SVR
An_254071 posted:
I recently completed 23 treatment. I was done on July 17th. 2013 Pretty sick throughout. I tested negative at 8 weeks and 24 weeks. I was recently checked @ 8 weeks post treatment and am still negative. I am so nervous about the 24 post week test. I think I have been cured but still worry. I think the worry will always be there but for now I am negative. I have read that some studies indicate a 12 week post test which negative is a great predictor of the 6 month post test results. Anyone else heard of this?

oldtiff47 responded:
I HAVE BEEN CLEAR SINCE 2000 DID THE OLD TX 3 SHOTS A WEEK AND RIBA. I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO THAT WE CAN NOT CHANGE WHAT IS GOING TO BE WITH TESTS SO I DO NOT AND DID NOT WAIST MY ENERGY TO WORRY. THIS WORKS FOR ME.

I HAVE NEVER EVER USED THE CURED WORD FOR ME AND WILL NOT. I TOLD MY HEP MD IF HE WOULD ALLOW ME TO DONATE BLOOD THEN I WOULD USE THAT WORD. HE SMILED AND SAID VERY GOOD THOUGHT. I JUST DO NOT NEED THAT WORD.
I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

fossiem replied to oldtiff47's response:
Thank you Tiff!

oldtiff47 replied to fossiem's response:
OH NO KIDDO THANK YOU NEW FRIEND. PLEASE COME BACK OFTEN AND PASS ON ALL YOU HAVE LEARNED ON YOUR PATH TO GOOD HEALTH AND GOOD LIVER HEALTH.

MY STAGE 4 LIVER IS SO HAPPY I DID TX AND CLEARED..

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.