Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Diagnosed with Hep C in 2003
An_254485 posted:
Hey, I am going to try Lactoferrin. Has anyone else tried this? I am withing the 50% group that probably would not be cured due to my genotype.

oldtiff47 responded:
WHAT IS IT? WHEN I DID TX IN 1999&2000 I ONLY HAD A 30% CHANCE TO CLEAR AND I DID. YOU HAVE GREAT ODDS.

IF IT IS NOT TX IT WILL NOT GET RID OF YOUR HEP.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

mir55 replied to oldtiff47's response:
It's an orphan drug used to cure Hep C and several other viruses such as H pilori, cancer
What is TX

oldtiff47 replied to oldtiff47's response:
TX== TREATMENT.......IF IT CURED HCV ALL WOULD USE IT......CHECK YOU SOURCES PLEASE.....

TIFF

oldhair responded:
You are wasting your money on anything but standard of care treatment. this is merely another form of snake oil. Don't grasp at straws, see a heptologist and determine a proper course of action. You CANNOT buy a cure from the shelf-no ifs and or buts. anyone telling you different is flat lying to you and preying upon your fears. good luck.

oldhair replied to mir55's response:
Guaranteed-this substance does NOT CURE hep C.quit passing along false information.

oldtiff47 replied to oldhair's response:
I DID DO SOME SEARCHING OF THE DRUG AND I DO SEE IT IS BEING USED FOR ILLNESS. BUT I DO NOT THINK IT WILL STOP HCV. THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE MANY MANY STUDIES OF THIS DRUG. AND THE DOSES YOU WOULD HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT TO TAKE. ASK YOUR MD WHAT HE THINKS. I WOULD NOT TAKE ANYTHING AT ALL UNLESS YOU ASK YOUR MD.

MOST OF THE TIME IF SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT IS MORE THAN LIKELY NOT TRUE.

PLEASE ASK YOUR MD.

TIFF

I am a three year breast cancer survivor with no insurance, hopefully soon though. My chemo doc monitors my liver functions and I go back on the 19th to see if there is a change. I am not trying to pass false info I am just trying to be as proactive as I can until the two new drugs come out. Thank you oldtiff47 for your positive thoughts. And everyone have a great holiday. I'll keep you posted.
Mir

oldtiff47 replied to mir55's response:
YOU ARE A HERO NOW FOR SURE !!! YOU KNOW HOW TO FIGHT GOOD FIGHTS AND DO IT WELL. ALL MUST LEARN TO TRUST THEIR MD'S FOR SURE. IF YOU DON'T FIND A NEW ONE.

TIFF

ps keep us posted kiddo

Thank you my friend, you will be the first to know. The lactoferrin is working but I am still having the growling stomach if I eat too much. It took me this long to get here so I'm giving it more time. I will meet with my chemo doc after the 19th and do anything they tell me to. They have taken me under their wing and I am more then grateful to have them on my side.

I READ YOUR REPLY EARLIER TODAY AND HAD TO THINK ON IT. I STILL WORRY ABOUT YOU TAKING IT WITHOUT YOUR MD KNOWING YOU ARE TAKING IT. IT IS WORKING ON WHAT? HOW DO YOU KNOW? I JUST DO NOT TRUST DRUGS THAT ARE NOT IN A GOOD STUDY AND PROVEN..

TIFF

PS...DON'T FORGET 50 % IS GREAT ODDS.

Oldtiff47,

I forgot to tell you, the growling in my stomach is gone as well. I don't even know if I could take the new treatment for Hep C because my blood platelets never came back to normal after the chemo. They said I am a "bleeder" and if I ever got into a car accident I would have to have a transfusion. Every bit of research studies I've read on the lactoferrin all indicate positive results. I truly believe that because it was an orphan drug it never came to market. Why would a big pharma company want to sell a drug that indicates a cure for not only Hep C but H pilori, ulcers, E coli, gastritis, osteoporosis (which I have from the chemo). No $$$ in it for them. I guess I'll see on the 19th, please God, wish me luck. My mom is going thru early dementia and I have to be here for her. This would be the best Christmas present I ever received. To the higher being above this is my only wish...............

WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW YOU DO....HUG MOM FOR ME PLEASE...

TIFF

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.