Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hepatitis C and Cataract Surgery
hopefulinflorida posted:
My husband was recently diagnosed with hepatitis C and now needs to have a cataract removed from his left eye. He recently had abdominal surgery and had an abscess removed from his stomach. (this was when we found out about the hep C). She has said that the blood work on his liver is up and down on a daily basis. (Not sure exactly what this all means as a matter of the moment). However, he has shown nothing but improvement. His current doctor (At the VA) has said that no one will touch his eye due to his medical condition.

Has anyone experienced this situation? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

oldtiff47 responded:
I HAVE TRIED TO FIND INFO ON THIS AND CAN NOT FIND ANYTHING. CALL WHERE HE WOULD HAVE THE CATARACT SURGERY AND ASK?

SO SORRY NO HELP FOR YOU. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT PLEASE

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

oldtiff47 replied to oldtiff47's response:
http://www.gjms.com.pk/ojs786/index.php/gjms/article/viewFile/85/84

PERHAPS THIS WILL HELP

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

holly69 responded:
I have hepC and cirrohosis. I am also on a transplant list. I have developed awful cataracts quickly. My left eye was done in the last month. Right eye is worse and I am doing steroid drops in it first. If eye surgeon is worried, my hematologist said he would attend surgery.

Helpful Tips

Purisis, MILD Rash with severe itching TIPS
I am a Pegasys/Teleprivir patient. End of week one. I went to the hospital because I just could not take it anymore! The itching was out ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.