Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

HepC/Cirrhosis on WebMD Seems Oddly Quiet
holly69 posted:
I use WebMD nearly every day for my disease. To explore the relationship of symptoms, research my meds etc. I just noticed the communities early this week. I was impressed. I then searched other sites. Many are messy and so hard to follow. I would think this site being part of what is probably the biggest go to medical lay person website around would be busy with thousands of people all the time. Not true.

I am going to continue to return here. But for those really looking for a support group of people that understand the disease, the symptoms and the core problems and coping with treatments, addictions etc. Not just for Hep, they have groups for all illnesses mental and physical. Laypeople, try Inspire.com.

I have a support group of family and friends. However, they don't have cirrhosis, transplant lists, meds, HepC, HE just empathy and encouragement. These people are living our stories too and it is nice to see that how I feel is how so many others feel.

oldtiff47 responded:
HOLLY HOW WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU POSTING AND HELPING OTHERS HERE.....AGAIN I SAY "" YOU ROCK""

FROM YOUR POST A FEW DAYS AGO. I JUST DON'T JOIN ANY NEW SITES ANYMORE....I JUST HAVE TOO MUCH TO DO TO GET TOO INVOLVED LIKE YEARS AGO...

FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS HERE... AFTER 15 PLUS YEARS ON LINE WITH HEP I BET ONLY 3 KNOW MY TRUE NAME...BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU OPEN YOU HEART TO OTHERS ON LINE...SOMETIMES THEY ARE NOT WHO YOU THINK THEY ARE AND YOU WILL GET HURT...MY HUSBAND (47 YEARS) & I KNOW THIS TOO WELL. BUT THAT IS IN THE PAST.

HOLLY YOU ARE MY HERO DEAR GIRL..YOU ARE ALREADY HELPING OTHERS KIDDO. THANKS

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

holly69 replied to oldtiff47's response:
I know that. I have a friend (who is intelligent, really!) in love with a girl from Singapore. She speaks perfect English it seems. I keep telling him she is a 300 lb truck driver man in Arkansas or a meth addict in Moriarity NM. He is going to marry her and he has her picture.

I have FB'd myself to death this last year, played more Bejeweled than anyone on the Internet, watched every Law & Order SVU ever made.

Since I was able to start housesitting, then someone had a daycare emergency so I babysat some---I felt a bit more alive. And could reach out beyond the scope of my cave. I still can't run around (I don't drive now) so I have my car parked to keep me and others safe. I am starting to feel like I have a purpose again.

Thanks for your words of encouragement and inspiration. They mean a lot. h

oldtiff47 replied to holly69's response:
I HAVE A QUOTE I STOLE FROM SOMEWHERE..."" IF YOU ARE IN BED YOU ARE DEAD "" WE HEPPERS MAY MOVE SLOWER THAN OTHERS SOME DAYS BUT WE KEEP ON MOVING FOR SURE....

TIFF

An_255860 replied to oldtiff47's response:
that is nearly what they said when we were meeting and being interviewed by the transplant team. Not working in my chosen field was hard on me...catch 22 is even a flexible real job would cause my income to change my insurance. My meds cost more than I can earn. How ridiculous. I also had to move out of my parents home and reclaim some independence even though nobody really thinks I should be living alone due to the HE and bleeds.

oldtiff47 replied to An_255860's response:
WHAT IS HE???

TIFF

Helpful Tips

Purisis, MILD Rash with severe itching TIPS
I am a Pegasys/Teleprivir patient. End of week one. I went to the hospital because I just could not take it anymore! The itching was out ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.