Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Weird liver values!
An_255859 posted:
Hey,

I've been trying to find information about my current situation but can't really seem to find any specific answers to my problem.
I took some antibiotics and asked my GP for a liver panel test right after the course of the medications were done.
here's the bloodwork results:
ALP: 101 u/l - still in normal range
ALT: 206 u/l - WHAT HAPPENED?!
Amylase: 84 u/l - normal
GGT: 15 u/l - normal
bilirubin: 7 umol/l - normal

Is this considered to be alarming in the medical community or what is it considered to be? Since the only test elevated is the ALT and everything else seems to be fine.
Also is it possible to have jaundice even if ur bilirubin is in the normal range? Not saying that I have jaundice but just wondering.

Should I be scared of these numbers? Cause my gp said it's nothing to be thinking about as of yet.

oldtiff47 responded:
DO YOU HAVE HEP OF ANY KIND? IF NO IT COULD BE ANYTHING. BOOZE AND TYLENOL ARE A BIG NO NO.

EVEN WITH A STAGE 4 LIVER I CAN TAKE TYLENOL BUT NOT MUCH. I NEVER TAKE IT ANY WAY...BUT IT IS SAFE FOR ME.
IF WORRIED GET ANOTHER TEST IN A FEW WEEKS.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.