Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Life with HepC
daddyslilgurl posted:
My father has hep C, Cirrhosis of the liver, and he is also HIV positive. I dont know anything other than that and he wont tell me anything. My father is a major support system for me, but drinks everyday and goes to the methadone clinic.... Im nervous and doesnt know how long he has to live. i know nothing of these diseases and Ive been all over the internet to trying to find answers of life expectancy.... Does anyone have a idea or can give me insight.

he also has nose bleeds and is always cold

oldtiff47 responded:
HE MUST STOP DRINKING AND HE MUST GO TO A DOCTOR SOON.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

atti_editor responded:
Hi daddyslilgurl,

I think that it is great that you are trying to educate yourself about hepatits C. In addition to quitting drinking and seeing a good doctor asap, as Tiff said, here is a slideshow that explains the basics of hepatitis C and will get you started in understanding the disease. You can find more information in our Hepatitis Health Center . You may also be interested in this page about living with and managing hepatitis C.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful