Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

robertc...your post deseves it own thread
oldtiff47 posted:
Reply: Just began Triple Therapy for Hep-C Hello,
I am 63 years old and have had hep-c type 1 a for 34 years. I had a liver transplant in 2009 to get rid of my cancerous dead liver. After my transplant I still had very high levels of hep-c.
I am now on the new 2 pill per day regime of sofosbuvir by Gilead and simeprevir by Janssen Therapeutics, for 3 months. Dosages are Sodfsbuvir 400MG Simeprevir 150MG. I am on my third week of treatment. Side effects are minimal so far and my Liver panels have dropped from high 3 digits to low 2 digits on my 2 week blood work. The cure rates for this treatment are excellent. In the 96% range for hard to treat patients. This without the side effects of interferon treatment. The cost is the big drawback. The pills are $1000 per pill for each. Good thing is your new health care plan should cover the majority of the cost. My first bottle of pills was $2596.80 for 14 pills ( I know this does not add up. You can only receive 14 pills per script because of the cost so there is less loss if your dosage is changed.) this pushed me past the donut hole into catastrophic coverage. This means the most my prescriptions can cost is $10 for the rest of the year. If it gets red if this awful disease its money well spent. Hopes this is informative for you and your situation.

YOU ROCK
TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

blumacawlvr responded:
Wow...I think this is the treatment that I had recently heard about that I posted about earlier. Sounds as though this is working. I think I need to speak to my doctor about it. Wondering if my cheap Kaiser insurance would pay for this? I guess it won't hurt to ask right?
MacawLady

oldtiff47 replied to blumacawlvr's response:
I WISH I KNEW MORE ABOUT THE NEW TX BUT I DO NOT....I DID A GOOGLE SEARCH. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND....BUT TALK TO YOU MD PLEASE
http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/new-drugs-offer-easier-effective-hepatitis-c-treatment-201404247125

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.