Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hepatitis B Test Result. Please help me!
worryandaxiety posted:
- Two years ago, I got test for Hepatitis B and the result came without S/Co value:
HBsAg Negative (without any S/Co Value)
Anti HBs Negative (without any S/Co Value)
So I was asked to vaccinated with 60ug Hepatitis B vaccine, which required only one shot, not 3 shots of 20ug like nomal. I didn't take any further test later.[br>- Yesterday, I was super anxious about hepatitis B, so I got another test to ease my mind. After 1 hour, I got the result.[br>HBsAg - Negative 0.325 (S/Co < 1) [br>Anti HBs - Positive 19.14 ( <10) IU/L [br>When I saw my S/Co is 0.325, not 0 or 0.1, I was scared. But the doctor told me that I did not have Hepatitis, and asked me to take another two boosts because my Anti HBs was way too low (she told me a normal person with positive anti HBs positive would have 500 or higher). [br>***My question is why my HBsAg are so high?
0.325 means I got the virus in my blood, but under detected? My sister also Negative but with 0.1 S/Co. Why mine not 0 or 0.1?
Could my negative result be a false Negative? Do I have Hepatitis B virus in my blood?
What's the differences between 0 and 0.9? The higher, the more risk? And why my Anti HBs is too low? Do I have any protection?
***Could a high value of S/Co with a Low value of Anti HBs means you could have Hepatitis B? Because my Anti HBs are too low, not hundreds like a normal person.[br>I can't sleep lately, I'm super worry now. [br>Please help me out! Thank you!

oldtiff47 responded:
I WISH I KNEW HOW TO HELP YOU BUT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HEP B.....BEST THAT YOU ASK YOUR MD OR ASK THE LAB...THEY WILL HELP YOU I AM SURE...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful