Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Starting today Sovaldi + Riba Geno 2 Hepc
An_256669 posted:
I am beginning my hopefully successful journey with Sovaldi and Riba. Will update frequently. I have had treatment with pegintron and pegasys in the past only to relapse. Hope the 3rd time is the charm and with minimal side effects. Hope to hear from anyone with any genotype on their current treatment and how you are managing.

chuckinstl responded:
I've been on treatment of riba, sovaldi (daily) and pegasys alfa 2 (weekly injection) going on 4 weeks. All of my blood work has come back good,no signs of anemia; I eats several portions of fruits and veggies daily. I usually feel tired the day after the injection, but shake it off the 2nd day. Also have the dreaded cirrosis, stage 3. But good luck to you, know you will overcome

mevhepc replied to chuckinstl's response:
Thanks for your well wishes. I tried the triple therapy twice 5 and 8 years ago and responded but later relapsed. The interferon was a drug that often made me feel not well and I missed work so I decided to wait until something better came along. Was not a candidate for incivek due to being geno 2 so I kept waiting for something like sovaldi. After a little over a week the sovaldi does not seem to have any effects on me but the ribavirin gives me a headache and some nausea and sweating. I find if I take it with some food and an antacid , it is more tolerable, Take 3 pills of riba twice a day. Hopefully the sides will get better, I may ask to split the dose in to 2 riba 3 times per day. Good luck all and keep fighting
Paul

mevhepc replied to mevhepc's response:
I was on peg-intron two time previously. This time I don't need it because I am geno 2a

Its been a few weeks and the side affects are mostly due to the 6 ribavirin tabs. Some light sweats and nausea after I take thr rbavirn 3 pills 2x per day. Try toi take thme just before I am finishing work at 3pm amd at night about midnight right before bed. It doesn't interfere with my work this way. Sovaldi I take about 6pm. Dont notice any sides with the Sovaldi Have about 10weeks to go

Hope you are progressing well chuckinstl

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.