Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

I was diagnosed last year with stage 4 hep c
gr8gfy1 posted:
I have had no treatment as I lost my insurance, I am so full of pain, fatigue and confusion I don't know what else to expect. I do have an appt with a GI tomorrow on a self pay basis and have made a list of all my issues, what should I expect? Can anybody help?

oldtiff47 responded:
PLEASE WRITE DOWN ALL YOU ARE TOLD. PERHAPS THEY WILL HAVE A WAY FOR YOU TO GET $$ HELP FOR THIS PATH YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN.

PLEASE PLEASE COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT YOU FIND OUT.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

gr8gfy1 replied to oldtiff47's response:
I got nothing, spent 125.00 to be told everything is too expensive for out of pocket and nothing they can do so he wrote a script for 30 percs and that was it, what a waste of money and hope for any kind of quality of life left on this planet.

oldtiff47 replied to gr8gfy1's response:
YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST. EAT WELL NO BOOZE AT ALL EVER. GET BACK ON INSURANCE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU COULD GET? MEDICAID MAYBE? TAKE CONTROL AND GET IT DONE. ARE THERE FREE CLINICS WHERE YOU ARE?

KEEP US POSTED PLEASE.

TIFF

Yeah, "Get back on insurance" I wish it was that easy. Maybe in your world but not mine. Have you ever been told No so much that you just go numb? That is where I am, Im tired of trying and getting the same result. NO, NO, NO, where do you decide to draw the line?

OH YES I HAVE BEEN TOLD NO OFTEN IN MY MANY YEARS ON THIS EARTH. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE FOR SURE.

WHEN YOU FALL DOWN YOU GET BACK UP AND TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN. YOU TAKE CONTROL BACK ASAP. YOU ARE ONLY A VICTIM WHEN YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE ONE.

TIFF

Whatever, I guess your world is different. I have tried everything even clinical trials, I get nowhere. Tell me your secret please

MY SECRET IS I TREAT ALL PEOPLE WITH RESPECT.

PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE CAN HELP YOU.

TIFF

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.