Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Starting Treatment
sbkoss posted:
I am a 25 starting treatment sovaldi ribivirin and peg tomorrow. Im genotype 1 not sure if a or b my viral load is in the millions. I feel many people who are affected are older and feel isolated just looking for support/ advice along the 12 week treatment.

oldtiff47 responded:
WHAT HEP DO YOU HAVE?

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

sbkoss replied to oldtiff47's response:
HEP C

oldtiff47 replied to sbkoss's response:
HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD HEP C? YES YOU ARE YOUNG FOR SURE. KEEP A LOG AS TO HOW YOU ARE FEELING DAILY. GET COPIES OF ALL LABS AND TESTS. FOLLOW WHAT YOUR MD TELLS YOU.

TIFF

sbkoss replied to oldtiff47's response:
I was diagnosed in 2009 because of trying to donate blood. ok I will get copies once I get the blood test results from starting treatment.

lam0775 replied to sbkoss's response:
I was told I had Hepatitis at age 15 after swimming in a pool with someone who was infected. Many kids had contracted it that day. I was told I could not give blood. Not sure which type of Hep I have. I didn't have any symptoms really but out of school for at least two weeks and everybody in contact with me had to get a shot. This was in 1974. I get blood tests every year and my liver is always fine. Just curious which type would this be that you can get it just by swimming in a pool and I can't give blood? I have asked my Dr. but he was pretty vague with his answer.

oldtiff47 replied to lam0775's response:
I DOUBT VERY MUCH YOU GOT HCV FROM THE POOL.

TELL YOUR MD YOU WANT TESTED FOR WHAT KIND OF HEP YOU HAVE OR HAD.

TIFF

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.