Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Dried blood on comforter, worried about daughter!
doxiedog2 posted:
Checked into our vacation house, house cleaners were still here so I know people had just left that same day. Anyway my daughter who is 2, my husband and myself were laying in bed and I notice several blood smears on the comforter! Totally grossed out and now worried my daughter could have touched it or any of us could have and gotten hepatitis c from this. We've all had hep b vaccine. My daughter has scratches on legs and very chapped lips and nose, could these be ways it could infect her if it brushed against her? Or if she touched the blood spot and rubber her eye or chapped nose? I changed the blanket right away. The next day I rubbed a q tip on it just to see if it maybe was a stain that just didn't come out in the wash but no blood came off on the q tip. Please help, should I worry about this???

oldtiff47 responded:
IF CONCERNED ALWAYS BEST TO CALL MD. PLEASE COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT MD SAYS. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.