Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

how long can you live without your liver
imnoangle62 posted:
My husband past away 30 mos ago He had battled drinking most of his adult life and had quit one yr before his death. He was on the following medications and I believe that they caused his death. Bupropion HCL (200mg 2x daily) , Gabapentin (900 mg 3x day), Naltrexone (50mg daily), Naproxen (1000mg 2x day), Olanzapine (20 mg day), Sertraline (200mg day). From everything that I have found on the Bupropion and Naltrexone it says not to use if there is a chance of liver damage. He had had test done that had shown liver damage but yet he was left on these meds and not followed closely like he should have been, From what I have read on Naltrexone he should have only been on it at a lower dose and at the most 3 months with blood work every 30 days But was on it for 11 months with NO blood work done. He was removed from this 40 days before his death. He autopsy report said that he died of accidental effects of morphine but he was NEVER on Morphine nor did he have access to any Morphine. So how is that possible. I just have too many unanswered questions and the VA will not answer any of them I am hoping that you will Thank you

oldtiff47 responded:
AS OF NOW WE ARE ONLY LAYMAN THAT I KNOW OF HERE....PLEASE TAKE ALL THIS TO AN MD AND ASK THEM ...SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS...AND SORRY I COULD NOT GIVE YOU ANY ANSWERS...BUT DO GET PEACE FOR YOU SELF AND FIND OUT..

TIFF

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.