Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hair Color
An_192543 posted:
I have Hep C, is permanent hair color a no, no?

oldtiff47 responded:
NOT THAT I KNOW OF NO...BUT AS ALWAYS ASK YOU MD

TIFF

jackietruitt responded:
You can still color your hair. While I was on treatment, I was a "high lift" blonde color...meaning, I used highest level color developer there was and everything was fine. I did ask my doctor before continuing with the color process, which I suggest you do. Still expect your doctor to give you the go ahead. If you are coloring your hair a darker or close to your natural color, you can use a 10 volume developer. If you are going lighter than your natural color you will have to use 20 volume and up developer. Owned and operated my own salon for 20 years in case you were wondering.

oldtiff47 replied to jackietruitt's response:
THANKS JACKIE....I THOUGHT IT WAS OK...I STOPPED ON TX BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO LOOSE HAIR...NOW I LOVE MY WHITE HAIR TOO...

TIFF

dsfrdfgrg responded:
I'm not sure about this.My hair is black now and i want to change it into flaxen,however i heard that dying hair will be harmful to my own hair.So i choose to buy cheap hair products online with high quality,And a hair wig can be last for a long time.

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.