Treatment & Exercise
hawgfan posted:
Before starting tx, the exercising (walking, pushups, etc) gave me strength & stamina. Now I'm not sure. It seems to use the little bit of energy I do have. Am I wrong?

oldtiff47 responded:
HOW ARE YOUR MONTHLY LABS? TALK TO YOUR MD ABOUT THIS....PERHAPS DO A LITTLE LESS OF IT....BUT I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IF YOU ARE IN BED THAT IS NOT GOOD...JUST KEEP MOVING AS BEST YOU CAN...EVERYDAY IS A STEP IN THE THE RIGHT DIRECTION.....

REMEMBER YOU ARE ON A JOURNEY THAT YOUR BODY IS TRYING TO HELP YOU WITH...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

hawgfan replied to oldtiff47's response:
Actually getting weekly labs right now due to low wbc (2.0) & platelets (68). Hemoglobin stayin arount 11.1. I have pretty much given up the morning exercises in favor of getting through the work day. That's been my exercise program. I may try bumping it up a slight amount to see how it does.

oldtiff47 replied to hawgfan's response:
GIVING IT UP IS FINE....AND GOING TO WORK KEEPS YOU MOVING MY FRIEND......BUMP UP A LITTLE IS OK AND BACK IT DOWN IF NEED BE....JUST KEEP MOVING...I REMEMBER KEEPING MOVING GOT HARD FOR ME BUT I DID....

SO GLAD WEEKLY LABS.....I DID THAT FOR A WHILE ALSO...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

autotech1700 responded:
I believe that by your earlier posts we started our tx at the same time.I am week 6. Fatigue is really a problem for me as well. I seem to lose it all in one big rush. I pass my labs o.k. The doc said it is my body and the meds working. I try to walk a mile with my wife but I am sore from arthritis most of the time. P.S. I like the name hawgfan , I am a Sooner fan. lol. Good luck. Keep moving .

hawgfan replied to autotech1700's response:
That's kinda the way mine is. I can go from feeling like I've been chewed up by a wolf & crapped off a tall cliff to feeling pretty decent in about a 15 min period of time. Oh yeah, it only takes about that long to go back too. Good luck on your tx - a few hrs at a time. Good luck Sooners (except if we play).

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to hawgfan's response:
OSU Cowboy Fan checking in here! BOO Hawgs and Sooners!

I admire you for trying to get in some exercise - it's hard for everyone to get motivated - even at 100%!

Haylen

autotech1700 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I have been running out of breath for no apparent reason. It is not related to exercise but just seems to happen. Usually during fatigue spells. Do I need to discuss this with the dr? I will see him 5-23.
Haylen---it is o.k. if you want to be an O.S.U. fan , but 9 years is a long time for a victory. Have a good season !

7BillionHumansGeez responded:
I had severe anemia on tx and could do very little of what I used to do in terms of exercise. Could not even make it up one flight of stairs without stopping to rest and recover my breath. So I switched to stretching and Yoga-style exercise only -- nothing aerobic because I just couldn't do it. The Yoga stretching helps with the muscle pain and stiffness also. Once off tx, it was about 2 months of recovery before I could do the kind of exercise I used to do. Consider a temporary exercise change to slow and steady movement is my advice. Getting through the day and continuing to work is an achievement already!