Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Drugs causing chronic hepatitis
An_192627 posted:
I am searching for drugs causing chronic hepatitis and especially chronic active hepatitis. Please help me finding a comprehensive list.

billm57 responded:
many times its a combination of drugs - or an overdose of drugs - or drugs taken over a long period of time - it can be exposure to certain solvents and other chemicals - some herbal supplements can also cause it

more2c replied to billm57's response:
I've never heard of drugs or combination of them causing hep, I thought it was strictly blood born like sharing needles or transfusions etc.

billm57 replied to more2c's response:
you are right concerning hep c a form of viral hepatitis - the original question did not specify hep c - it asked about hepatitis in general which comes in many forms and has many causes like alcohol - alcohol tylenol - medicinal - chemical - etc

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.