Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

By your experience
bonillbl posted:
I need to know how one feels when they first start the interferon/ribavirin treatment?

billm57 responded:
the only way for YOU to tell how YOU will feel is for YOU to do it

billm57 responded:
wasnt being rude -what i posted is the truth - i tried treatment 3 times and never had any sides effects other than very minimal short lasting ones - others can experience quite the opposite - id say going into treatment requires a positive attitude a very experienced dr a willingness to adhere to med schedules and all the support possible - best wishes to you

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billm57's response:
Thanks Bill - you're fortunate!

Bonillbl: Here's an article that will give you more information on the treatment:

Combination Treatment Overview

Haylen

billm57 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks haylen
yes im fortunate in that i only had minimal sides - not so fortunate in clearing the virus - i would trade all the good fortune for svr anyday

funny thing about side effects and symptoms of hcv - theyre basically the same - top researchers admit they know little about the mechanisms behind side effects - and just because a condition appears while on treatment does not mean treatment caused it - but it is reported as a side effect of treatment - this leads to much confusion - also just because treatment worked does not mean all conditions especially those caused by the virus will go away

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billm57's response:
Interesting.....and disappointing regarding symptoms.

Thank you for sharing your experience -

Haylen

more2c responded:
I got the chills really bad. I remember I prepared for them and wore sweats to bed and am glad I did. I remember feeling like I had the flu with the aches & pains. however that first shot wwas the worst for me and I couldn't imagine it getting worse each week but that didn't happen, thank God. It may be totally different for you, you never know.

more2c replied to billm57's response:
that is true, going into it with a positive attitude helps.

smilingbookreader responded:
I had chills and aches that I didn't have before I started the treatment but they went away after a week. I also had bouts of confusion and getting turned around when I went out so that was difficult because I thought that I was losing myself. After that I started feeling really depressed and took an anti-depressant when I had 5 months to go. The anti-depressant was for the anger and the depressed feelings. They all went away after I finished the treatment completely.

Helpful Tips

Purisis, MILD Rash with severe itching TIPS
I am a Pegasys/Teleprivir patient. End of week one. I went to the hospital because I just could not take it anymore! The itching was out ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful