Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Progress!
autotech1700 posted:
I just wanted to share some news. I started week 12 and everything appears to be going well. The labs said my viral load was nearing 0 . The side effects are tolerable , with weight loss and fatigue being the worst. Have been able to keep working ,(although a bit slower and with sit down breaks). There is not a lot of communication with my doctor , he seems to be pretty busy , but I am assuming that the viral load news is good and the meds are working. If I complete the next 36 weeks and attain svr will I be finished with this ? If the virus is un-detectable can others still get it through blood-blood contact ? Many thanks to oldtiff and hcvpenut for the early support, I was pretty overwhelmed.

oldtiff47 responded:
GREAT NEWS KIDDO....DOES YOUR MD HAVE A GOOD NURSE OR NP YOU CAN TALK TO....IF NEED BE

I HAVE BEEN CLEAR 11 YEARS NOW....I STILL TREAT MY BLOOD AS IF IT IS NOT CLEAR...NOT AS ANAL AS I USE TO BE BY ANY MEANS....BUT I DO...

I TOLD MY MD WHEN HE USED clear word on me I WILL CALL IT THAT WHEN YOU LET ME GIVE BLOOD....HE SAID OK....I CALL IT SLEEPING OR IN A COMA...

WE LEARN A LOT ABOUT SELF WITH THIS "" LITTLE CHALLENGE "" WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN...

SO GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU KIDDO....EAT OFTEN FOR ENERGY....LITTLE HELPS A LOT

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

hawgfan responded:
Great news! I'm right with you on tx. I will take my 14th shot of 50 (I had to start out with 2 partial doses first due to blood work). Hang in there. Weak, fatigue, shaky, a lot of sitting, short-winded, get cold easily. We only have 36 weeks left. We can do this thing!

funnyman2011 replied to hawgfan's response:
I've just started today. I have a fair idea of what side effects are gonna be like. I have genotype 1. 47 more to go.

hawgfan replied to funnyman2011's response:
You can do this. Just pray alot, be honest with your doc & your spouse, pray alot. Did I mention pray alot?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to hawgfan's response:
Thanks for sharing and best wishes - it all sounds good!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful