Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Physician coordination
autotech1700 posted:
I have three active physicians at this time. #1 is hep dr. #2 is endocrinologist for previous tumor and # 3 my p.c.p. who has been treating me for arthritis. It seems the 3 do not agree on treatment/diagnosis .. #3 gave me prednisolone for arthritis and hep dr. said not to do it again. #2 wants a nuclear thyroid scan but hep dr. said irregular thyroid levels are normal. and don't take the test. Hep dr. said the excessive swelling / pain in toes are fungal tonails ( ?) , but p.c.p. took x-rays and found arthritis damage. I don't think hep dr. believes in arthritis. I do not want to become a statistic from some medication error, I like life. How do I get these 3 to work together? Am I the one who has to tell the others their treatment is ill advised ? I hardly think I am qualified to do so. Any suggestions ?

billm57 responded:
long term steroid use ( or any other immunosupressant use ) is not recommended for hep c patients that have treated - actually long term steroid use is only recommended for very few conditions - you probably dont need the nuclear thyroid scan - not sure about toe swelling / pain - youre right there has to be better communication - the best thing i can think of offhand is to have a pharmasist involved - i know another opinion in the mix huh - i would always at least consult one when taking multiple meds or questionable meds - also research meds info online

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.