Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Im not sure if im posting this rite, but in need of sumone to talk to!
positivejones posted:
Hi, I'm 25 and I just discoverd I have hep. C. I have been diagnosed for about a year. I have no symptoms yet except for doll color bloches near my eye. I've recieved a lot of love and support from my girl friend and I'm so thankful for that. I'm having a hard time dealing with this situation because I am young and I like to party! Party meaning hang out with friends and drink alcohol which I can't do. I'm sure I should be worryin about better things then going clubbin and stuff but I looked forward to that every weekend and its honestly tearing my insides apart realizing that it is gone. I don't have any hobbies so what the hell am I gonna do now??... I'm so pissed rite now! I'm taking AA classes to maybe try to cope, I work out a lot now to try to pass the time which is a good thing cuz I needed it anyway..lol.. anyways thanks for hearing me out internet world I think I'm feeling a little better.

hawgfan responded:
What does your doc say about hep c treatment? A LOT of people with hep c have no symptoms, the dragon is just silently doing its damage until it could be too late.

Did you think there would ever be a day when you wouldn't be clubbing every weekend? Looks like it's time to give that some serious thought. You have a lot of life ahead of you.

positivejones replied to hawgfan's response:
Yea I knew there would be a day I wouldn't go every weekend.... But for the rest of my life, I wasn't expecting that one. But I gave it good thought and started going to A.A. meetings just to help. My doc said treatment is expensive and that I might wanna hold off due to my college bills. I thank you for responding to me. How long have u had hep c? Do u get symptoms?

billm57 responded:
its not the end of the world and in the end clubbin is only a waste of time and money - you can have as much fun or more sober - it takes time but one day you will not miss it - theres so much to do without pissin your life away - believe me i did it for 30 years and all i ever got from that lifestyle was hep c ,cirrhosis ,and broke - i would need a few pages to list everything it took away from me - find some new playmates in new playgrounds with different playthings

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billm57's response:
positivejones - you can have a full and amazing life without clubbing! I promise.

"I don't have any hobbies so what the hell am I gonna do now??..." This is NOT a lifetime sentence - I found some of the most rewarding, fulfilling and fun stuff in my life when I was in my 30s - wish I had found this stuff earlier!

You might want to check out the Substance Abuse Community to talk to some others facing the loss of a lifestyle that you enjoy.

I wish you the best of luck - and you are welcome here to ask any questions - the expert on this board is great :)

Haylen

positivejones replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much haylen and billm57 u really appreciate your responses.. You know....u wrote that last weekend when I really wanted to go out. Today is Friday and I been sober all week for the first time in a long time. I actually feel really good. I bought a model car that I'm gonna try to build. I'm feeling a lot more optimistic after seeing what you guys had to say. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. Thanks again!

positivejones replied to positivejones's response:
All the u's in my reply should actually b I's.. sorry my phone is crazy..lol

billm57 replied to positivejones's response:
cool - anythings possible - one day at a time

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to positivejones's response:
WOW! This is great to read! Thank you so much for coming back and checking in!

My Monday didn't start off so great so know that you have made a WebMD moderator in Southern California smile :)

Haylen

hawgfan replied to positivejones's response:
I was diagnosed in '96, no symptoms, 'chance' catch when I was getting prescribed meds for something totally unrelated which required a liver blood test first. Next I know, I'm at liver doc doing shots for 6 mos and not responding. I am right now 20 weeks into a 48 week treatment. Side fx are not fun but I know they'll be over about Feb 24 (not that I'm counting...). I'm proud of you for starting with AA. You can do this thing! Be sure to surround yourself with the right people.

positivejones replied to hawgfan's response:
Wow hawgfan 96...that was a while ago. Thanks for responding, I wish you the best of luck with the treatment. I'm glad I could make someone proud for going to a.a.. I'm trying my best to live rite but its so hard sometimes.. oneday at a time I guess, ill try to stay around good company. Thanx Again!

positivejones replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen, I haven't checked up in a while so I figured I would today. It's Monday again so I hope your Monday has a better start then last monday. I'm still optimistic! I been on a work out benge instead of alcohol benge. Anyway thanx again for writing. What part if California u in? I ask cuz I'm from Santa barbra. I'm in V.a now.. hope u have a good week.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.