Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hepititis c and stage 1 cirrhosis
Anon_238644 posted:
I recently found out that i have hep c and today i got news that i have stage 1 cirrhosis. dont go to the doctor til the 2nd of sept. want to know if i will be able to go through interferon treatments still, does anyone know?

Anon_238697 responded:
my hep c was in stage 1. im on treatments n have been for 23 weeks thursday. i does everybody differently just like any meds. i dont know if will start treatments or not. im 19 now but i found out i had it when i was 17. not to scare to cause you do need to take treatments if thats what ur doctor thanks or whatever but for me its been horrible. i no in my heart all this mind n life changeing 23 weeks have been is for the best but deep down i want my mind n life back. i havent ever got started good in life (nobody's fault but my own) n im fixing to b 20 n most days wish i was home with the good lord above. the treatment is worth, it may not seem like it after gettin startin havin more bad days then good or not bein able to controll ur on body or thoughts. but im sorry i just wanted to write you and let you no a lil bout me n if u have any question u can reply on my post if you would like. i can only tell you hows it been for me. but remember the treatments effect everybody differently n it's worth it in the end...

billm57 responded:
stage 1 is not cirrhosis - stage 4 is - treatment is a hard ride for some and for some its not - most likely after treatment is over things will get much better at some point - it usually takes 6 months to a year for most

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.