Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Nonresponders - New Hep C medicines
An_239737 posted:
I am considered a nonresponder. My dr. told me my chances on the new medicines are only 30%. Please give me your input on this. Its rather discouraging.

Take the Poll

Are there any nonresponders with experience in taking the new Hep C medicines?
  • Yes, I have taken the new medicines
  • All answers
vote
View Poll Results

billm57 responded:
depends on what category of nonresponder you are - non response includes partial response and breakthrough and relapse - relapsers to old meds have around 75-85% chance of svr - partial responders and breakthrough have over 50% chance of svr with new meds - NULL responders chances are around 33% - null response is defined as having less than a 2log drop by week 12 of treatment - partial response is having greater than 2 log drop at week 12 and still detectable at week 24 - relapse is being detectable at 6 months post treatment after being undetectable at end of treatment

billm57 replied to billm57's response:
also the amount of liver damage and the IL28 genotype need to be considered also

goodlittlegirl responded:
I am in my fourth week of treatment for chronic hep C, genotype 1. Doing very well!

billm57 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
are you using incivek or victrelis - hope it stays that way for you

goodlittlegirl replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
I am taking Incivek. I hear info from my PA that some of her patients commented that they were soooooooo tired in the fifth week. I will soon see how that goes, since I'm almost there. But...I'm dancing in a big show tonight and doing some comedy, so thus far I'm not noticing any changes. One-third down...I can DO this!

OLDTIFF47 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
OH YES YOU CAN DO IT.....I JUST KNOW YOU CAN...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

goodlittlegirl replied to OLDTIFF47's response:
Thank you for your kind comments.

billm57 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
lol - u can duuuuu it - great attitude

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.