Nonresponders - New Hep C medicines
An_239737 posted:
I am considered a nonresponder. My dr. told me my chances on the new medicines are only 30%. Please give me your input on this. Its rather discouraging.

Take the Poll

Are there any nonresponders with experience in taking the new Hep C medicines?
  • Yes, I have taken the new medicines
  • All answers
vote
View Poll Results

billm57 responded:
depends on what category of nonresponder you are - non response includes partial response and breakthrough and relapse - relapsers to old meds have around 75-85% chance of svr - partial responders and breakthrough have over 50% chance of svr with new meds - NULL responders chances are around 33% - null response is defined as having less than a 2log drop by week 12 of treatment - partial response is having greater than 2 log drop at week 12 and still detectable at week 24 - relapse is being detectable at 6 months post treatment after being undetectable at end of treatment

billm57 replied to billm57's response:
also the amount of liver damage and the IL28 genotype need to be considered also

goodlittlegirl responded:
I am in my fourth week of treatment for chronic hep C, genotype 1. Doing very well!

billm57 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
are you using incivek or victrelis - hope it stays that way for you

goodlittlegirl replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
I am taking Incivek. I hear info from my PA that some of her patients commented that they were soooooooo tired in the fifth week. I will soon see how that goes, since I'm almost there. But...I'm dancing in a big show tonight and doing some comedy, so thus far I'm not noticing any changes. One-third down...I can DO this!

OLDTIFF47 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
OH YES YOU CAN DO IT.....I JUST KNOW YOU CAN...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

goodlittlegirl replied to OLDTIFF47's response:
Thank you for your kind comments.

billm57 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
lol - u can duuuuu it - great attitude