Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Includes Expert Content
It's been a long time since visiting here.....
Swanee51 posted:
Hello to all the folks here. I was thrilled to see that the Hep C support group is still in tact here at WebMD. It's been way too many years since I've visited.

I did look at some posts and see that OLDTIFF is still hanging in there! TIFF, you might remember me as MissBnFL. If my memory serves me right, I believe you are also in the Sunshine State?

I wanted to return because I have NOT been keeping up with the latest/greatest treatment options. It's a lonnnng story on what's occured with my life in the past 4-5 years.

I treated 48 weeks/post treatment tests showed back active. I was wondering if some of the experts here can give me the latest/greatest info on treatment options. What new drugs are available? Are any proven effective for Genotype 1A? I know, everybody responds differently.

For those who are considering treatments, let me tell you, the support I received from this board before/during/after treatments was instrumental in helping me make a decision to treat, helped me get through treatments, and of course I felt compelled after treatments to help give advice when I could.

I wish all the newbies here the best and would love to hear any info that is available. I'm thinking....just thinking....maybe round 2 ?

Take Care
MissBnFL (aka Barb)

OLDTIFF47 responded:
GREAT TO SEE YOU OLD FRIEND....I AM IN ILLINOIS AND HAVE BEEN ALL MY LIFE.......STILL CLEAR 11 YEARS NOW....STUDY THE POSTS HERE AND LEARN ABOUT THE NEW TX'S OUT THERE NOW.....THEY SOUND GREAT.....

I COME BACK TO TRY TO HELP OTHERS AS I WAS ALWAYS HELPED HERE YEARS AGO..

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Melissa Palmer, MD responded:
Unclear of what type on nonresponder you were but with Incivek the SVR rates are as follows with retreatment
relapsers- 86%
partial responders - 59 %
Null responders 32%

billm57 replied to Melissa Palmer, MD's response:
believe these results pertain to patients with minimal to moderate liver damage - patients with cirrhosis will naturally have lower svr rates

maadams1 replied to Melissa Palmer, MD's response:
I am considered a Null responder.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.