Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Incivek Treatment
sharinghope11 posted:
I'm new to chatting online, but I would like to know if anyone is on the triple treatment. I am due to start mine in 2 weeks. I know treatment can affect everyone differently but I would like to hear from anyone on it. thanks
FirstPrevious12NextLast

goodlittlegirl responded:
Hope, I'm surprised you have zero replies thus far. I am in week five right now, which I understand is kind of a plateau for tiredness and other side effects.

I see my MD (P.A.) at Univ. Fla. on Thurs., but already she has emailed me that my viral load is undetectable!! I know this is great news; however, although not everyone is undetectable after one month, so I feel lucky. But.....I must remain undetectable for the next two months on the Telaprevir, then for the remaining eight months on interferon and Ribavirin. If you were a nonresponder in the past, most likely you will be on treatment for 11 months, rather than the six months that newly-diagnosed patients are doing. I don't know why 11 months seems to be the magic number; why not 12 months? Or 9 months? But the trials and experience these teaching hospitals have been doing over the last couple of years have shown these results, so I go with that.

I do find that I lack patience with little things while on this regimen. Some days I am breathless and more tired, while other days I feel nearly back to normal, so it really is coming along well and I will go the duration. I am lucky to feel hungry, even though some things don't taste the same (Diet Coke isn't quite as yummy, but it isn't the best hydrator, either, so water is your best bet).........and lots of it.

I will say this: the anticipation of starting treatment was the WORST part of this whole thing. Being on treatment is not as bad as I had stressed about!! Good luck with your treatment and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Nance

oldtiff47 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
I FEEL SO FEW REPLY ON TRIPLE TX IS BECAUSE SO FEW KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT...

I ADMIRE ALL I HEAR FROM YOU THAT ARE ON IT....SO KEEP COMING BACK AND SHARE YOUR JOURNEY WITH ALL....YOU WILL TEACH MANY...

THANKS
TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

bb2323 responded:
Hi,

I have been writing of my experience with Telaprevir Interferon Ribavirin on this thread:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/hepatitis-exchange/forum/790

I am done in one more week.

The best to you with your treatment!

goodlittlegirl replied to bb2323's response:
I am in week six right now on Interferon, Ribavirin and Telaprevir. Feeling more tired and breathless than I was, but one or two Tylenol spread out during the day really helps me tolerate this. I am going to go the whole way (11 months for me, not 6, because I did not respond in the past), looking forward to getting off the Telaprevir in November. Then I should feel somewhat better. Good luck to all who stick with this. We are invincible!!!

oldtiff47 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
GOODLITTLEGIRL YOU ROCK....SO PROUD OF YOU AND YOU ARE SHOWING ALL HOW TO DO TX AND DO IT WELL.....YOU HELP SO MANY...

TIFF

goodlittlegirl replied to oldtiff47's response:
Thank you, Tiff. Let me say that is is people like you who help immensely. You are the heroes who make those of us on treatment want to do our best to make you proud; and we can get well in the process!

Thanks again, you are a super cheerleader!

Nance

billm57 replied to goodlittlegirl's response:
theres much good to be gained from a positive attitude

oldtiff47 replied to billm57's response:
YES BILL THERE IS.....I ALWAYS SAID "" WHY NOT ME""....NEVER FELT SORRY FOR SELF EVER ALWAYS SAID THE MD'S WILL LEARN FROM ME....AND YOU KNOW I THINK THEY DID TOO

TIFF

billm57 replied to oldtiff47's response:
yes tiff - i know ive giving them lots to ponder - lol

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billm57's response:
billm and tiff, you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for your wisdom and support here!

Haylen

p.s. Tiff, I had to re-up my drivers license (birthday on Thursday!). Made double sure the pink "DONER" sticker was there. Thanks for the reminder Here's thinking positive that they won't be used for many years, lol.

oldtiff47 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
THANK YOU KIDDO I HOPE IT WON'T BE USED BUT JUST THINK.....EVEN I AM ON LIST TO GO TO HEPPER...BUT MY HEPPER FRIENDS SAY...""WHO WOULD WANT YOU LIVER "" LOL.............YES I THINK IT IS FUNNY....HEPPER STAGE 4 HUMOR...

TIFF

billm57 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
YVW haylen

Lorileem responded:
I new to posting also. I started 3 wks ago with the triple treatment. It has not been as bad as I feared. Some days are better than others. I did get the rash, but I have been treating it and it seems to be going away. I am anxious for my 4 week blood work to see if the incevik is working. It is good to hear how others are doing. Oh, I just notice you posted this 11 months ago! Hopefully you are doing great.

BTW I didn't think you could be a organ donor if you have Hep C.

pollock1 replied to Lorileem's response:
Hello I'm starting my treatment this week.Hope everybody that is posted before me is doing good..I also did not think you could be a donor with HEP C.If you have any information to help me through this please let me know.I was on treatment years ago but did not responed.So this is another try.Good luck.......

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.