Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hepatitis C and eyes
Scamper12 posted:
I started treatment for Hep.c 10 weeks ago. I was on pegasys for the shot, I took ribavirian and incivek. I had to stop due to having blurry vision from it. I want people to know that they need to get a vision or eye dr. exam before starting treatment, so that when you have eye problems like I did, then the eye dr. will know the before and after pictures of your eyes. Had I known I would never had started the treatment, but on the good side I am undected at 10 weeks.

billm57 responded:
yes it is wise to have an eye exam pre treatment and report changes during treatment - ive never heard of stopping due to just blurry vision - more serious adverse effects yes - like retina problems optic neuropathy color blindness etc - many minor problems resolve after treatment - its better safe than sorry tho - as far as being undetectable - it will most likely be short term as a full treatment duration is required to achieve a sustained viral response

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful