Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hepatitis C and eyes
Scamper12 posted:
I started treatment for Hep.c 10 weeks ago. I was on pegasys for the shot, I took ribavirian and incivek. I had to stop due to having blurry vision from it. I want people to know that they need to get a vision or eye dr. exam before starting treatment, so that when you have eye problems like I did, then the eye dr. will know the before and after pictures of your eyes. Had I known I would never had started the treatment, but on the good side I am undected at 10 weeks.

billm57 responded:
yes it is wise to have an eye exam pre treatment and report changes during treatment - ive never heard of stopping due to just blurry vision - more serious adverse effects yes - like retina problems optic neuropathy color blindness etc - many minor problems resolve after treatment - its better safe than sorry tho - as far as being undetectable - it will most likely be short term as a full treatment duration is required to achieve a sustained viral response

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.