Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

BILL YOU OK? WHEN DO YOU START YOUR NEW TX?
OLDTIFF47 posted:
PLEASE KEEP US POSTED KIDDO.....I WORRY ABOUT ALL OUR FRIENDS HERE.

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

OLDTIFF47 responded:
BILL YOU OK KIDDO?????

TIFF

billm57 replied to OLDTIFF47's response:
hi tiff - sorry ive been awol - lol - im scheduled to meet with upmc gastro tomorrow to confirm start of triple therapy with incivek - ugh - ive been debatin on what to do - im not as confident as i was previously - im concerned about my insurance issues if this time yields no response - im really thinking of waiting - the formation of protease inhibitor resistant mutations is also a concern - this indecisions buggin me - lol - i will have many questions for him - meanwhile im feelin fine - even out climbing small mts. in deer season - surprised myself actually

OLDTIFF47 replied to billm57's response:
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU ....JUST IN MY BONES TO WORRY ABOUT FRIENDS KIDDO....I AM SURE YOU AND YOUR MD WILL MAKE BEST CHOICE FOR YOU..

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

TIFF

billm57 replied to OLDTIFF47's response:
looks like late next month or early feb start date - he seems fairly confident - im just not as much as i was but still worth it - if its not working after a month ill stop

OLDTIFF47 replied to billm57's response:
PERHAPS YOU FEEL THAT WAY BECAUSE OF THE OTHER TX'S YOU HAVE DONE THAT DID NOT REACH YOUR GOAL. BUT I ALWAYS SAID..."" WHY NOT YOU""....WIN THIS TIME KIDDO...I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES THIS IS YOUR TIME KIDDO...

TIFF

2bnlitend replied to billm57's response:
Are you going with Incevik? Does that med begin at day 1 or day 1, week 5?

But if it were Boceprevir (starts day1, week 5), it isn't the best med when contemplating a decision to stop after one month and no sign of improvement, since there would zero evidence of it (inhibitor) working??

If day 1, then I would understand the concern...

lsbetter2day replied to billm57's response:
I was a non-responder and am now just about 3 months into the Incivek medication. The treatment began on day one. At the 30 day test, my viral load was ZERO. Again ZERO at 60 days and I go back next week to see what it is now. I haven't missed any pills (which is vital) and the Incivek will stop on Jan 6th. The side effects are brutal, but the Zero said it all.

billm57 replied to 2bnlitend's response:
yes incivek - day 1 week 1 - very few drs use a 4 week lead in of peg inf riba with incivek - victrelis requires the 4 week lead in - if my viral load on incivek is greater than 1000 at 4 weeks theres very little chance of it working - and if i stay on it and its not working then drug resistant mutations will take over

billm57 replied to lsbetter2day's response:
yes - zero is my hero - lol - actually 0 can not be read - its less than 25 for undetectable

My first Incivek dose was taken on the way to the doctor's office to do the first injection of pegisus and the first dose of the riboviran. Been on all 3 drugs since that day (Oct 14). The Incivek stops on the 6th of January. Remember, I was a non-responder a few years ago. I thought the Pegisus and Interferon were difficult, but this was much worse. I think a key is to remain hydrated (much more than you think)

Incivek actually alters the DNA of the virus and stops it from replicating. Adding that drug made all the difference for me.

Undetectable is remarkable.. I will take what I can get. I am thinking of you and wishing you well with your treatment. After my first session failed, I was shocked when they told me it was working. It took 2 days to believe it. It will work for you too.

In the beginning of the treatment, I had a serious issue with a water pill I was taking. It dehydrated me much more than my body could deal with. I ended up in the hospital and my Hb level was just over 8. I was passing out and in trouble, but once they got me off the water pill, got rehydrated with IV's, I started feeling much better. (especially after they started the Procrit to bump up my Hb levels)

billm57 replied to lsbetter2day's response:
thank you - im so happy for you - hope and pray your Hb levels stabilize and they can discontinue procrit after finishing incivek dosing

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.