Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

What should I do?
Anon_174305 posted:
I hope I'm at the right place to post. Whew what a year or two! Tiff you asked how many years have I had Hep C - over 40 years. But what I was saying, talking about odds, my doctors told me I had a 30 percent chance of getting cured with the new chemicals. I went ahead and had my bood taken. Just a little background here. I've had Hep C over 40 years (probably got it from drug use). I been clean for years, don't do drugs, smoke, alcohol and mostly a vegetarian. I got breast cancer 2 years ago Sept. 29th 2009, went through rounds of chemo and then weeks of radiation. Now I've been to 2 doctors and both say I need to be treated ..my numbers have been fine all these years and I have felt tine, I feel the chemo is the thihnkg that unset this HEP C and it has me really confused. Both doctors say if I dont do treatment, I most likely will get liver cancer or something will go wrong with my liver. How could I be fine one day and the next day be out of whack? From all the tinkgs I hear about this new treatment and side effects. I wonder if I would be better off just not doing the treatment and taking my 70 percent chance and not do the treatment. I'm not a big person (about 107). I'm already depressed and don't know what this medicine will do to me. I landed in the intensive care unit with chemo chemicals that knocked my white cells so far down. I'm reallly scared out of my wits. Cancer about took about all I had and I just don't know what to do. I'll keep you and everyone else in my prayers that we will be healed very very soon. Love ya'll. Chestnut

hawgfan responded:
Good grief, you've really been through it! Just a couple of questions: First, do you know what your viral load is? Were the docs recommending treatment gastro docs? I will keep you in my prayers as you go through this process, whatever it may be. Also, I'm no expert, I'm 8 weeks from completing the pegasys / ribapak treatment, but I'd bet the chemo you took for the cancer is probably more intense than the hep c treatments.

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.