Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

reaction to Incivek
learnitforcliff posted:
My husband started on the new med. Incivek for Hepatitis C about 3 weeks ago. He is also taking PegIntron & Ribaviran. About 4 days ago he developed an extremely painful rash on his scrotum. He can only take Tylenol for the pain & it hasn't helped at all. This pain, along with the anemia and insomnia are horrible. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis & it stops me from being able to do many things I would try to do. Is there anyone out there who has experienced this very painful rash? If so, what have you done for it? We are seeing his doctor tomorrow. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

oldtiff47 responded:
I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE SEEING HIS MD TOMORROW...PLEASE HOLD ON TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS TO DO...TRY TO GET A SLEEP AID FOR YOUR HUSBAND AT THIS VISIT....GOOD SLEEP IS SO VERY IMPORTANT ON TX...

PLEASE COME BACK AND LET US KNOW HOW THE APPT. COME OUT...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

learnitforcliff replied to oldtiff47's response:
Thank you so much for your quick reply. It seems very important to me to have someone who understands what we are going through. Thank God for this blog.

Cliff's appt. is at 2:45 today & I will let you know what happens when we return home. Thank you so very much for your inspiration. I am going to ask for a sleep aid because the Tylenol PM doesn't work.

Sybil

oldtiff47 replied to learnitforcliff's response:
PLEASE DO KEEP US POSTED....I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT NEW TX'S BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN CLEAR 12 YEARS NOW AND MY STAGE 4 LIVER IS HAPPY IT WORKED FOR ME...

BUT I DO KNOW KEEP YOUR MD UP ON WHAT IS GOING ON....GET COPIES OF LABS TO HAVE WITH YOU...

TIFF

billm57 replied to oldtiff47's response:
from what i gather around 40% of patients experience localized rash - thats a bad location - geeez - however localized rash is not considered a major problem unless it spreads radically - the kinda good news is if its incivek the longest he will have to endure it is 3 months - yikes - there is a chance it will resolve before that - try hydrocortizone benadryl - see what dr says - best wishes

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
You can read drug information and user reviews of a particular medication here:

WebMD Medications A - Z

The user comments are often very helpful!

Haylen

learnitforcliff replied to oldtiff47's response:
Dear Tiff,
Thank you so much again for your quick response. We went to MD yesterday & to LabCorp for blood work today. Dr. thinks he should continue on all 3 meds. He told him to use Hydrocortisone 1% (over-the-counter) and to double up on his Benadryl. He also gave him a weak rx for sleep and he's been sleeping better today than I have seen him since he started the medications. He's even HUNGRY!!! I'll keep you posted after blood results are back.

Sybil

learnitforcliff replied to billm57's response:
Thank you for your help. The Dr. yesterday told me to get him Hydrocortizone ointment (he screamed it burned so badly but it is working). Dr. also told him to double up on his benadryl so he is taking 2 pills before bed. He seems much better today-just have to wait for his blood results. Problem is-he was already anemic & that is also one of the side effects. He has had insomnia but the benadryl helped him sleep last night along w/a mild sleeping pill the dr. gave him yesterday. He isn't incoherent like he was yesterday - even asked if I would put some pork chops on the George Forman grill tonight. Now all I have to do is think of something new with 20 grams of fat - THAT IS GETTING OLD!!!

Thanks again,
Sybil

oldtiff47 replied to learnitforcliff's response:
GOOD SLEEP DOES THE BODY GOOD FOR SURE....EATING WELL HELPS SO MUCH TOO....

COME BACK OFTEN AND SHARE WITH ALL PLEASE...THIS PAYS IT FORWARD FOR OTHERS...

TIFF

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.