Transmission of blood through food
Anon_149266 posted:
I had a similar question and had posted in Diet community. I recently had been to Subway and the guy who was cutting my bread cut his finger...Then a lady took over and did the rest of my sandwich. I ate the sandwich and also shared it with my 5 yr old but now I am freaking out realising that I ate the same bread that the guy was cutting. I hadnt asked the lady to change the bread. What if there was blood drop on the bread that I ate? Could we be at ris of getting any diseases?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there!

Your response in teh diet community was:

My DDs pediatrician said there is nothing to be concerned about. I'd told her I didnt "see" any blood drop in the sandwich ( coz we ate it) but I was assuming what if there was and I didnt care to even look before eating.

Please take this to heart - and if you are still filled with anxiety make an appointment with your doctor. Obsessing about this is not good for you - or your child!

Please take a deep breath and trust in your doctor - or get a second opinion.

Again, here is a link to the post about Hep C being transmitted via food: http://forums.webmd.com/3/hepatitis-exchange/forum/965/2

Haylen

oldtiff47 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
THAT SUBWAY SHOULD BE REPORTED FOR NOT TOSSING YOUR BREAD.....AND IF CONCERNED PLEASE CALL YOU DAUGHTERS MD AND ASK THEM.....WHEN IN DOUBT ASK ABOUT IT...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

jamesraymond responded:
although that is very disgusting there is no evidence that hepatitis AIDS or any other serious blood diseases can be transmitted through food. you will be fine. but i would definetly write a nasty letter to subway.