Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

what to do?
An_243088 posted:
one night I was at work and went to use the restroom, inside the seat cover box there was a used syringe. When I reached in to grab the seat cover the needle poked me good enough to make me bleed. Now this happened on halloween, I've been going and getting tested as the Dr. in the ER told me to for HIV/HEP pannels and they have all came back negative. I have done my 12 week panel last week and that has also came back negative, which many websites state that HIV will appear by 12 weeks.

In December I had a daughter. My wife and I "briefly" had unprotected sex. In the heat of the moment I stuck my penis in her, but within a minute pulled back out. My wife was breastfeeding before this encounter, but has stopped due to us not wanting our daughter to possibly get it.

With the events that have occured, do you think it is safe for my wife to go back to breastfeeding our daughter? Like I have stated my 12 weeks panel has came back negative.

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.