Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Includes Expert Content
exercise followed by flu like symptoms
An_243248 posted:
I have Hepatitis C, type 1a and am stage 2 grade 2. Typically I feel pretty good, but when I exercise (lift weights, run a few miles and do some core exercises) I will get headaches and feel fatigued. It doesn't happen immediately and often times is 24 hours or longer afterwards. These "spells" can last a few days to a week or longer. Often times I will exercise for a couple of weeks before onset of a "spell". Should note that during the times when Im feeling good, I frequently feel as though Im not sleeping well and beginning of a "spell" if proceeded by a night where I feel as though I didn't sleep at all. Last blood work showed slight vitamin d deficiency, but otherwise everything is within normal ranges.

Melissa Palmer, MD responded:
Please see 7 part post on Exercise and Liver disease

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.