Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Includes Expert Content
auttoimmune Hepatitis
lalalaa posted:
K my child was diagnosed with autoimmung Hep at 12. Was on Prednisone and azathioprine and is doing great now. On low doses of both still. She will have another Liver biopsy in a year with hopes to remove her from all meds if all is well. She is going in tomorrow for Hep A vaccine. I am just not sure about that????? Can anyone make me feel better about giving her vaccinations especiall Hep vaccines. Another question for you all is How is Mono linked to this. She was diagnosed with Mono at 3 1/2 years old.

Melissa Palmer, MD responded:
The hepatitis A vaccine is recommended in anyone with chronic liver disease. Studies have shown that if someone with liver disease becomes infected with hepatitis A they risk having a very severe course of disease.

lalalaa replied to Melissa Palmer, MD's response:
Thanks for your input... Are there any vaccines that you are aware of that she she not have?

Melissa Palmer, MD replied to lalalaa's response:
The hepatitis A and B vaccine are recommended in anyone with chronic liver disease. Other vaccines are at the recommendation of your personal physician. And, mono has not correlation with autoimmune hepatitis

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.