Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Finishing TX
hawgfan posted:
I just took my last Pegasys shot Friday and will take my last Riba pills this Friday. My question now is: How long does it take to get these meds out of your system so I can start to feel (normal?) again?

bb2323 responded:
It won't take long at all to start feeling much better. I started feeling much better within a week to 10 days of my final dosing of Ribavirin - which I found to be accumulatively more and more toxic. Were you on Telaprevir too?

Of course, as long as you stay "virus undetectable", you will feel not only the effects of not toxifying yourself with these harsh drugs, but also your liver not having to be so compromised in its functions relative to both these drugs and the virus..

I am 5 months post treatment now, and the difference in how I feel now compared to even prior to treatment is enormous. Way more energy!

The best to you!

oldtiff47 responded:
BE READY TO COUNT YOUR NEW SIMPLE PLEASURES FRIEND.....YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

billm57 responded:
congrats n best wishes

hawgfan replied to bb2323's response:
That sounds great! I was not on Telaprevir, just Pegasys & Ribapak.

I was not too excited about taking my last shot but I am beside myself at the thought of being off the pills.

How long did it take you to get off the side fx meds (antidepressant, sleep aid, etc)/

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.