Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Hep C Household Transmission
    An_243698 posted:
    I recently moved in with my MIL as we are renovating our home... She has Hep C and has progressed to severe liver damage. Although she is relatively a clean person she often times is not the most cautious person. often leaving used toothpicks on countertops (her gums bleed often)her nose bleeds as well and she will wipe her bloody nose with a tissue and leave it on tables or counters or wipe it with her hand and not wash them properly. we have small children that like to pick things up and put them in their mouths no matter how many times you tell them not to. What are the chances of contamination in situations like this? if they put a bloodied toothpick in their mouth and they have a small cut in their gums theoretically they can be infected, or am I just being paranoid?

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
    I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.