Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hep C Household Transmission
An_243698 posted:
I recently moved in with my MIL as we are renovating our home... She has Hep C and has progressed to severe liver damage. Although she is relatively a clean person she often times is not the most cautious person. often leaving used toothpicks on countertops (her gums bleed often)her nose bleeds as well and she will wipe her bloody nose with a tissue and leave it on tables or counters or wipe it with her hand and not wash them properly. we have small children that like to pick things up and put them in their mouths no matter how many times you tell them not to. What are the chances of contamination in situations like this? if they put a bloodied toothpick in their mouth and they have a small cut in their gums theoretically they can be infected, or am I just being paranoid?

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.