Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
this MAY be an actual risk. PLEASE help me
derrick92 posted:
when i was cleaning my nose with a q tip, i saw a some red on the q tip i used when i was cleaning my nose that was previously COMPLETELY white. the red dot was about the size of this 0 and half of another, with a few ( like 4) specs the size of about 1/4 of this o. i did remember my nose being watery and i heard when it's watery, your mucous in the nose breaks. what would be the risk if that O and 1/2 sized drop was fresh and got on those veins when they were broken?

elle0317 responded:
This is your own blood, no risk here. Have you check into getting counselling yet?

elle0317 responded:
This is not the right community to be posting to. We have previously encouraged you to participate in our excellent Anxiety & Panic Disorders Community to find more support. Have you posted there yet?

Nieciedo responded:
We can't help you, Derrick.

Only a mental health professional can help you at this point.

derrick92 replied to elle0317's response:
meant what if it was blood from somebody else that had hiv?

derrick92 replied to Nieciedo's response:
1.niecido, dr. m answered my previous blood and nose question, and i got over it. this is only the second one i've asked. so what's the risk if that amount of blood was hiv poz and was fresh and got in my nose when i had a runny nose and it touched some open vains? however, i heard they heal right away, but what if the dots of blood were fresh and got on the vains when they were broken? i also had little DRY nasal mucous (NOT much protection).
2. what if it was only 1 cm into my nostril? (idk if there are any veins there, but is there still no risk?)

elle0317 replied to derrick92's response:
This is not the right community to be posting to. We have previously encouraged you to participate in our excellent Anxiety & Panic Disorders Community to find more support. Have you posted there yet?

derrick92 replied to elle0317's response:
will they answer if i'm at risk or not?

elle0317 replied to derrick92's response:
What difference will that make? You still won't believe them, just like you don't believe us when we tell you there is no risk here. Like I said before if you have such little faith in us why do you continue to ask questions when you never seem to believe our answers??? This is why you need mental health help.

Nieciedo replied to elle0317's response:
Why do you think that there would be blood from an HIV person on a q-tip you are using? Where would this blood have come from?

You are not at risk because this is ridiculous, stupid, and insane scenario that would never happen in the real world.

Dan

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.