Skip to content
Oraquick Advance HIV 1/2 Antibody Test
JJYou posted:
this was a test i took 3 days ago...and i had a unprotected sexual encounter with a guy who's status i do not know...but the test was neg at 11months post encounter...so has anyone else gotten these results from being tested around the same time? my anxiety has gotten better with the results...is my test considered conclusive?

Smileyman responded:
that test the ora-quick-advance HIV1/2 test is accurate at the 90 point post exposure, I myself took the same test, except they used the blood sample option which is one of three options for that test. Did you get this test done at a clinic or a hospital?

the Window period is anywhere from 90-days too 6 months so from my own experince by what i have been told by my physicians that is conclusive, and accurate.

JJYou replied to Smileyman's response:
it was the oral swab at a Planned Parenthood Clinic .

Smileyman replied to JJYou's response:
Well its been several months past the window period I would take that as a conclusive negative result. What made you get the test done?.. I had actually several done due to a very cruel lie a past g/f told me. and a test at 90 days is considered conclusive, but OCD ,people like my self have been known to test at 6 months just for sanities sake :)

georgiagail replied to Smileyman's response:
JJYou...a test done at least 90 days past a potential exposure is considered to be both definitive and conclusive in terms of your status.

You are HIV negative.

Gail

JJYou replied to Smileyman's response:
well smileyman, i have an anxiety disorder and depression and have had a couple of unprotected sexual encounters...just making sure i guess : ) thanks. i guess im one of those OCD people .

JJYou replied to georgiagail's response:
thank you Gail :)

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.