Skip to content
March 10: Nat'l Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Today is the sixth annual National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day , which is a nationwide initiative to make more people aware of the increasing impact that this epidemic is having on women and girls in the United States.

Did you know that in the last 20 years the estimated number of AIDS cases diagnosed among women has more than tripled? And, most importantly, did you know that an estimated one in five people living with HIV infection do not know they are infected?

Take this national awareness day to talk to a woman or girl you know about the importance of protection and being tested. Or chime in here! One way to help raise awareness is to speak out in a forum where others can share in your experience and learn from questions being asked.

Do you have other ideas that might help raise awareness among women and girls? How effective do you think current HIV/AIDS awareness programs are?
Knowledge is the antidote to fear. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.