Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
im scared nd worried
babyGurl1993 posted:
ok i just found out that i have the herpes simplex 2 virus... me and my boyfriend never had sex but i have also heard that you can get it by oral sex if your partner has a cold sore, but i never seen a cold sore when he did it.. could it be possible that he had one or the start of one and we just didnt know? I also am scared that say me and him break up and i try to have a relationship with someone else i don't know when is the right time to tell the other person or how to tell them that i have this.

Elle0317 responded:
First, you are in the wrong forum, this one is for HIV not HSV.

Secondly, how were you diagnosed? Swab, blood test or visual. Cold sores are usually caused by HSV 1, not 2. Are you sure that they diagnosed you as having HSV2?? Just because it is located on your genitals doesn't automatically mean it is 2, you can have HSV1 on your genitals and yes it can be transmitted during oral sex when he is not in an active outbreak. Shedding can occur when there is no visible sore but the virus can lay ontop of the skin, not all the time, but no one can know when they are shedding as there are no symptoms.

I suggest if you have more questions to use the STD forum. Oh and don't worry now about what will happen if you two break up, why not wait to cross that bridge when you come to it.

Helpful Tips

I am scared to death of possible HIV infection.
I went with a woman which I dontknow her HIV status , and I discovered that she is at her period, she used some tisuues to cover her ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.