Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
can i have hiv from this? oral
lt250r posted:
ok, i went to a sex swingers party and had received oral sex from a lady, im male. i did this about 5 or 6 times over the last 3 months with the same lady. i did also wear a comdom every time she did it and no condom broke but i still at very worried that i could have hiv from this. i went to my local doctor and he said oh yes im at risk and said i need to test in 6 months past last time she did it so now im worried like crazy. any info from a doctor great. thanks
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Nieciedo responded:
That is absurd.

Did you inform the doctor that you used a condom? I'm afraid that he is not very knowledgeable about HIV.

Receiving oral sex is such a ridiculously low risk that it's not even worth worrying about - and that's unprotected. Using a condom protects you from HIV and other STDs and thus you were not at risk an no testing is necessary.

Dan

lt250r replied to Nieciedo's response:
yes i told him everything, i went because i had a burning pain in my like urethera. he checked me for uti, chlimedia and gonorrhea. and he said yes to get tested thats its possible. can a doctor on here or someone who knows for sure if i should worry. also i did not have any of uti, chlidima or gonorrhea but was treated with cipro 500mg and it did get batter. i did this 5 times and always wore a condom. should i worry about anything???

Nieciedo replied to lt250r's response:
I think you need to go to the urology board and find another doctor.

Dan

georgiagail responded:
As Dan has posted, the wearing of a condom protects you from ALL of the STD's you mentioned (not just HIV but Chlamydia, and Gonorrhea). Your physician is not very knowledgable regarding any of these diseases and especially in how they are passed from one person to another.

Gail

lt250r replied to georgiagail's response:
ok, so i should be fine you are all saying? i would have not worried at all but when doctor said to test from this it scared me alot. i read oral (a bj receiving one) is very low risk without condom so with a condom i thought i was being as safe as i could besides masterbation

You are correct. There was no risk.

Dan

lt250r replied to Nieciedo's response:
well i hope you are right. i have like a funny burning and sting down there not when i pee but just a mild disconfort and something not right. i dont really want to go to the doctor again but i think i have too. this happen the first time she did it, it got this funny feeling and got 10 days of cipro for it. now she gave bj 5 times total all with condom FOR SURE and 2nd, 3rd, 4th time nothing now 5th time again 2 days after this funny pain, burn. i just dont get it.

David J Malebranche, MD, MPH replied to lt250r's response:
Hello,

just getting wind of this conversation. There's a few things that may be happening:

First, you may want to consider if you have some kind of allergy to the condoms you are using - that could cause the "funny feeling" in your penis

Second, I sense that you actually may have let this woman perform oral sex on you without a condom first before putting a condom on. It is possible that you got something then, and no, the tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia are not 100%, so you could come back negative. But if you are using a condom from start to finish with oral sex, there there is ABSOLUTELY NO RISK FOR HIV, GONORRHEA OR CHLAMYDIA.

Third - to avoid yourself all this drama in the future, you may want to ask yourself why you keep having sex with this same woman, oral or otherwise... and while you're at it, consider not attending the swingers parties anymore - it seems like the fact that you met this woman there may be contributing to your anxiety about the whole issue.

But you're right, this whole thing doesn't make sense at all, so consider what I've said above, and if there's anything else you're not telling us, that's ok, but just be clear and honest with yourself about what and why you're doing what you are so that you can avoid putting yourself at risk for anything else in the future.

Hope that helps...

David

lt250r replied to David J Malebranche, MD, MPH's response:
david, i swear to god 5 bj's with condom from start to finish every single time. at very best maybe some of her spit got onto the bottom of my penis because condom did not roll all the way down maybe like 3/4 inches by my belly and condoms never broke.this is why i dont want to go to the doctor, because im looking for help and now i feel like your calling my lier and i really feel the doctor was judging me by what i did. could it be i think its called NGU? i read you can get that very easy also i never let her put her hand on my penis without condom on but some of her hand did touch my sack and bottom of penis where condom did not cover.i dont want to get hiv from this and thats my main concern and I WILL TAKE A MILLION LIE DECTOR TESTS if i did get hiv from this. i swear every word im saying about what happen and just really hope in no way hiv will show up in 3 months from this..each bj was maybe 4 to 7 minutes long.
please reply without saying im lieing, i want help, not making nothing up if something in any way happened different it would be said... also condom brand, crown all 5 times

Elle0317 replied to lt250r's response:
He didn't call you a a liar, but the fact that you are so worried over a sex act that is considered low-risk even without protection was PROTECTED doesn't make sense. Maybe for your own peace of mind you should become more informed about how STD's are actually transmitted.

lt250r replied to Elle0317's response:
ok, i think i may have a yeast infection on penis now.. i rubbed some monostat on it and it burned sooo bad (i think i had a allergic reaction to it. i took a shower and washed it well and then used some other cream i had for jock itch. i also am pre diabetic. i dont know if maybe its just a yeast infection and the timing of it happened 2 days after the oral sex WITH CONDOM but please what are the chances of getting hiv from my 5 bj's with condom every time.. please dont say zero, i am one of them people that beleave anything and everything can happen so is it like 1 in 10? 1 in 100? 50/50? just please dont say zero cause yes people do hit the lottery every night..

Sorry, but the chances of getting HIV from receiving a blowjob with a condom are zero. It is simply not possible.

Also, HIV doesn't cause yeast infections in the penis or anywhere else. Rather than trying to diagnose and treat yourself, find a new doctor.

Elle0317 replied to lt250r's response:
You have a better chance to win the lottery every single night for the rest of your life than contracting HIV from these 5 PROTECTED encounters.

lt250r replied to Elle0317's response:
well i hope you guys are all right... and im not saying if its a yeast infection that is has anything to do with hiv. also thats why thats all i ever did was receive bj with a condom. i could have had sex with her or even gave her oral or even rubbed her vagina but i did not do any of this to keep protected also could have got a bj without condom but i said NO WAY, condom on or dont suck it... im hoping hoping hoping no hiv... thanks and i will get tested in 3 month since last bj to be sure and safe

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.