Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can you get hiv or hep c from a dentist office?
An_192307 posted:
I went to a dentist in my area recommended from my network and as he was working on my tooth, I realized that the room wasn't clean. I had a surface filling, but when he put the shot for the novacaine he penetrated my sinus cavity. This was on Tuesday and it still throbs today being Friday. He gave me a solo cup to rinse because the water fount didn't work. I want to go get tested for hiv and hep c but is it too soon.... I am really afraid. I live in IN how often do dentists get inspected? Please help. do I call someone?

elle0317 responded:
A dirty room is not going to give you HIV. You need to have an open, bleeding cut or sore AND that cut or sore be in contact with an infected persons blood.

georgiagail replied to elle0317's response:
Or, have unprotected sex with an HIV positive individual in the dentists office.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.