Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
White spots
An_192338 posted:
My 1 possible exposure was 5 years ago. Vaginal sex no ejaculation inside of me maybe pre-ejaculation, not sure but I was looking in my mouth and I saw tiny white spots on my inner cheek, low towereds my gums. Now I am freaking out. They look similar to the size of a canker sore without the red ring around it, it does not hurt. If I did not look I wouldn't of notice it. I also have these pimples like in the back of my mouth also like above my back teeth toward the bridge between your teeth & your throat. I am freaking out because oral warts and white spots are symptoms! I've looked online and the pictures don't look similar to my mouth. In the past i have had a mucus on the inside if my cheek but I scrape it off and it would go away. Today I had something similar but it was alot and when it dried on the napkin it looked like skin. In the pictures the white stuff looks nothing similar to what I've had on my cheeks and mouth.Also my mouth is light pink and some parts are pale, I do suffer from gum disease. I am really freaking out. Please help!

Elle0317 responded:
You cannot diagnose yourself with HIV based on symptoms. 5 years is long enough to wait to be tested accurately, why not go?

An_192339 replied to Elle0317's response:
You are right. But do they sound like something found in a hiv positive person? I am thinking about going today. I am just very scared. I've written on the board before and even though my risk was unprotected I was told the odds are low & in my side. It is just when I look in my mouth I saw those small spots I was just devastated. Im freaking out! I've given oral sex about 5 times, no ejaculation & I've had this one encounter. Ugh I hope everything works out!

Nieciedo replied to An_192339's response:
When we say you can't diagnose HIV from symptoms, we mean it. HIV doesn't really have symptoms of its own: it weakens the immune system to allow other diseases and illnesses to take root. So any "symptom" of HIV is just a symptom of another disease that HIV allows in.

The only way to tell if you have HIV is get tested. If you were at the point where you were experiencing opportunistic infections (the AIDS stage of disease) you would probably have more going on than mysterious lesions in your mouth.

Your risk history is extremely low and there is really no reason to connect these mouth lesions with the sex acts in your past or with HIV. Since you are worried, though, a test is the best course of action.

If you get tested, the most likely result is that you are negative and you can stop worrying about this. In the hugely unlikely event that you are positive, then you can get the help you need to stay healthy.

If you don't get tested, then that won't change your actual serostatus. You'll just either live in fear for no reason if you're negative and you won't get important medical treatment if you're positive. Go and get tested. It's a win-win situation for you and you really don't have any reason to be afraid.

Dan

medshateme responded:
sounds just like thrush, which is basically harmless.

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.