Skip to content
test
crazybobbo714 posted:
I guess what I'm getting at is I tested yesterday and came out negative using the oraquick hiv oral test 4 years after exposure and just wanted to make sure the test is accurate even tho I'm on antibiotics and make sure I'm not full blown aids causing antibodies not to show up cause if both those concerns are ruled out I can put my mind at ease and move on with my life thanks for everything is there a way to donate to this site

Nieciedo responded:
Yes, you can trust these results.

The window period is 3 months. HIV tests after three months are conclusive and reliable.

Antibiotics do NOT affect antibody production or HIV test reliability.

If you had "full-blown AIDS" you would be too sick to post on the internet. You'd be in the hospital right now.

You can put these concerns behind you and move on with your life. You do not have HIV.

Dan

crazybobbo714 replied to Nieciedo's response:
Thank u so much

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to crazybobbo714's response:
Hi Crazybobbo,

I'm so happy to hear that your results came back negative and you can now put this fear behind you. Use the safe precautions we've been taught, and you should be on your way.

It's great to see that our community has been helpful to you. The best way to "donate" is to give back to the community. You can do that by checking in every so often and sharing your experience and how you overcame your fears with others going through the same thing.

That's what's so wonderful about communities...everyone is sharing real life experiences that they learned from.

Thanks for sharing yours with us! I hope we'll be seeing more from you on the other side of the fence from now on.

~Andie
Knowledge is the antidote to fear. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.