Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help
FF_concerned posted:
I dont think I have HIV, but I have some of the symptoms I.E. swollen glands, coughing, and these new weird brownish spots on my arms, chest, shoulders, and face. I really worried cause I receven oral from a woman I meet at a bar. We had sex but I used a comdom which DIDN'T break. I also have a girlfriend who I know for a fact is negative. also I had unprotected sex with a woman who I highly doubt is negative. Wgat should I do?

name39 responded:
get tested

FF_concerned replied to name39's response:
I know I should im just so afraid. I dont wanna have this. Are my exposures concidered high risk, and are these brown spots just sun freckles I never noticed or are they KS? I xan almost explain every other symptom except for them. I really would like an expert oppion.

georgiagail replied to FF_concerned's response:
Karposi's sarcoma occurs very late in the the stage of HIV; when the person who is positive has moved from HIV to AIDS.

As a general rule, this occurs about a decade after the initial transmission in an untreated person.

I'm going to assuming that the sexual events you describe took place fairly recently, correct? If so, you're likely looking at freckles or sun spots on your skin.

Gail

FF_concerned replied to georgiagail's response:
I have been sexual active with the one woman for 3 years, the other for 3 years and the other for 4 months. I never get sick but when I do look out. I havent had an actual fever but I always feel hot and I cant stop sweating. I never noticed these spots before snd im only 22 so im too young for age spots. I one woman is a crack user and we use comdoms, except for oral. She said she is clean except for cancer. Im about to have a breakdown. I honestly think ill die tomorrow if it comes back positive. Im a firefighter and ill lose my job and I wont be able to have a family. I cant handel this, Gail I have read your post please help me.

FF_concerned replied to FF_concerned's response:
I just went to the clinic and got tested. They said I will know tomorrow. Im having a nervous breakdown. They will call with the results and idk what I would do.... I just got a girlfriend who I truly love and I dont wanba lose her. I just had an abcessed tooth pulled today abd some of my sick feeling has gone away. I am praying to god please come back non reactive.

Nieciedo replied to FF_concerned's response:
It does not sound to me, based on what you have reported here, that you have participated in any seriously risky activities.

Dan

FF_concerned replied to Nieciedo's response:
I have been losing weight, I cant eat, or sleep. My question is how risky was my unprotected sex with the one woman? I gave known her for over a year and we only recently started to have sex.

Nieciedo replied to FF_concerned's response:
The average estimated risk of infection for a man having unprotected vaginal intercourse with a woman KNOWN to be HIV positive is 5 in 10,000.

Obviously, if she does not carry the virus, there is no risk.

It would be a good idea, going forward, both to use a condom as well as ask your partner to get tested, too.

Dan

FF_concerned replied to Nieciedo's response:
Why are the odds so low in contracting hiv?

FF_concerned replied to FF_concerned's response:
Just got back my results.... NEGATIVE! Oh thank god. Thank you all sooo much I love you all for the support.

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.