Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Please help me!
FF_concerned posted:
I dont know if I have it or not and it will be a week till I can find out! Im sweating all the time but I really dont have a fever, my neck is swollen but idk if its my lymph nodes, im coughing but I smoke... alot, I have these weird brown spots the my doctor said are " no cause for concern", and my shoulders feel like they ate on fire almost like sun burn. I had unprotected sex with a woman who is going through a divorce. I dont know her sexual history. I recently found out I have an abcressed tooth which im told can cause mouth sores and swollen glands and a fever but my mind is still racing about weither I could have "IT". I feel so lost and just need some help, pleaze someone help me.

georgiagail responded:
Try to relax while you wait for your test results....and stop focusing on what you assume are symptoms.

Most people who post here thinking they are positive from symptoms they've read about on the internet are quite shocked when their test results come back as negative.

The estimated risk from unprotected insertive (that's you) penile-vaginal intercourse is 5 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

Going through a divorce does not automatically make one more prone to be HIV positive.

Gail

FF_concerned replied to georgiagail's response:
Its not just that, I was with another woman who has a very questionablepast, I talked to her and she said she doesn't have anything just cancer. I used a condom with her, but I had unprotected oral. I just got tested at a clnic local to me this evening and they said I will know the results tomorrow. I cant begin to imagine what I would do if it came back positive. I just wanna craw into a hole and not return. I cant handel this. Im in tears help me.

David J Malebranche, MD, MPH replied to FF_concerned's response:
Sir,

I hope the results turned out in your favor, and the fact that you haven't posted in 6 days is a good thing... Gail gave you all the correct information, but its natural to be nervous - be assured that if you only had unprotected oral, your risk is close to zero. Good luck and if you feel up to it, keep us updated as to what happened, and don't beat yourself up. Just remember this feeling and let that drive your decisions about condoms with certain behaviors in the future.

David

FF_concerned replied to David J Malebranche, MD, MPH's response:
I tested negetive. I belive my results to be true and I dont plan on getting tested again thanks sooo much for all help doc.

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to FF_concerned's response:
Great to hear FF!

You made it through and it's onwards and upwards. We are so proud of you for following through and working through your fears to get that negative result!

Take care,

~Andie
Knowledge is the antidote to fear. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.