Skip to content
Flu, better, then flu symptoms again...in between insurance...
wingsofeagle posted:
Ok, so I have 2 questions:
1. I had flu symptoms and tested positive for flu a 2 weeks ago. Took tamaflu, and got better (a little - fever free for about 4 days). Starting 3 days ago, I've spiked a low grade 100.5 degree fever, had terrible headaches, swollen lymph nodes in neck/underarms, and terrible tiredness/ache. My exposure was 5-6 weeks ago, so needless to say, I'm scared. Can the flu come and go like that? Could I be seroconverting? MD examined me and doesn't know what is wrong with me so he gave me a z pack just in case. I've never hoped for MONO before, but at this point I'm hoping this is just mono. What complicates things...
2. I'm in between insurance. Quit my job to take a promotion and new job insurance doesn't kick in until January. I cannot afford COBRA. So I'm without insurance and feel very very sick and don't know what is wrong. I'm not afraid of the HIV diagnosis, I'm afraid that my insurance company would treat it as a pre-existing condition. If I get tested at a local free clinic such as the health dept. or an HIV testing/treatment non profit, do they report to my health insurance? Is there anywhere I can go to be anonymously tested? I live in Chattanooga, TN and I'm aware of Chattanooga Cares.
Best!

wingsofeagle responded:
Sorry for the questions. I tested negative for HIV at 6 weeks and positive for MONO today. So thankful for MONO. Will get retested at 3 months when I have health insurance.
Best!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to wingsofeagle's response:
Thanks for updating us.

Sorry you're feeling so crummy and hope they're able to help you deal with the Mono.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.