Skip to content
Fear driving me crazy
hope222 posted:
I have always been safe over the last 3 months never had sex un-protected (gay Male) I have given oral unprotected. I was tested during my yearly physical blood work test done by doctor and sent to labe came back negative of Feb 1. Over the past two weeks I had protected sex with a condom (on the bottom). The condom did not break and ejaculation was not done inside of me or the condom. After the sexual experience there was blood when I went to the rest room once like 3 hours later. There was never anymore after that just sore due to having sex.

I also had oral sex with 2 different guys. no swallowing on either occasion. I then had a sore throat and very fatigued... went to urgent care and tested positive for strep throat. Could I really have an STD and test positve for strep? I have been on meds for 48 hours my sire throat is def going away but I have a lot of aches and fatigue like I have never felt. I am so scared and stressing out right now that I have Aids or another STD and no strep!!

Please advise... I feel like I def have been safe in my experience but always fear I am sick!

Thanks

georgiagail responded:
Unprotected oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission; the figures we use are .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your anal intercourse did not put you at risk because a condom was used accurately and did not break or tear.

You were appropriately diagnosed with strep (very, very common this time of the year) and are being treated for it.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.